Being a mother is what most women want at a certain point in their lives. But when it comes to post-pregnancy most women don’t know what they should do. Especially after delivery when they have gained weight and their body is out of shape (your abs, your pelvic floor, your posture, the list goes on).
To take care of this, experts suggest wearing an abdominal belt. Some best post pregnancy belts in India you can find are:
- Tynor Tummy Trimmer
- Mee Mee PostNatal Magnetic Maternity Support Corset Belt
- Wonder Care Abdominal Belt after Delivery Binder
- Farlin Breathable Postnatal Reshaping Abdominal Girdle Belt
- Goege Waist Trimmer Belt-Postpartum Postnatal Recovery Support Girdle Belt
What is the Purpose of these Belts?
These abdominal belts wrap around your abdomen and support your abdominal muscles as this is the time your body needs this support the most. The belt also helps to contract abdominal muscles after delivery.
It is highly recommended to be used by women who have been through a C-section. It tightens loose skin, abs, and fat around the belly so that new moms can find relief and that’s what matters after a time-inducing and hard labour.
Using a cloth to wrap around the abdomen is an old tradition that women have used and it is similar to what these modern-day belts are doing.
How to Use an Abdominal Belt?
So above we have seen some best belts you can find now the question is how to use them. It is not difficult to wear, believe me, read the steps and you’ll be a pro.
- Take the belt, align it with the abdomen area and wrap it around. As these belts have a Velcro band, adjust it to the point in which you feel comfortable and can breathe easily.
- Putting the belt underneath or above the clothes is your choice. For women who are recovering from a C-section might find it better the belt is pressed up against their skin where the surgery has been done.
- These belts can be used at any time either day or night. It just depends on how and when one feels comfortable. Using it in the day and having a relaxed night is a better method.
- All new mothers can use this belt while their body is recovering from birth. Later on, after 5 to 6 weeks when you feel comfortable without the belt you can stop using it.
Things to Keep in Mind
Don’t wear these belts for the whole day as they can put scratches and marks on your body. If you are sitting for most of the time then take it off. Wearing the belt for a long time can create unnecessary pressure on the abdomen which may cause a risk of hernia.
Prolonged use can cause difficulty in breathing too. So, wear the belt from time to time according to your body. Anything done in a measured and balanced way is good.
So, now when someone asks you about how to use post-pregnancy belts you can guide them well. Who doesn’t like to be in shape? An abdominal belt is beneficial for any mother’s wonderful body after the end of their long pregnancy. Just use the best as directed by your doctors and you will be soon back to your pre-pregnancy body posture and shape.